Monday 5 January 2015

Jet Lag

It's 3:54 in the morning and I'm typing this post. Why? Because I have a strong case of jet lag and do not feel tired at all. The funny thing, for me, is that I hate it when I have jet lag, but then when it finally wears off and I adjust again, I miss it! (sigh)
We arrived home at 9 p.m. on December 31, 2014. The weirdest thing that happened on the first night was that Mom and Toblerone slept from 12a.m. 'till 6:45 p.m.! That's how they spent New Year's Day, sleeping for almost 19 hours straight with no "breaks" in between.
The second night, I went to sleep at 7:45 feeling like I could sleep for a year. But when I woke up, all refreshed and ready to start the day, it was. . . 11:02 p.m. My first thought was "Did I sleep almost 'till lunchtime?" Then I looked out the window, saw the darkness of night, and then thought "Bother! I slept for less than 4 hours! :P I went to sleep again, then woke up at 1, then 2, then 3:45. Since Tiger Lily was also awake at the time, we both simultaneously decided that we were hungry and raided the fridge and pantry for a snack.
The third night, I woke up several times at strange hours and had Toblerone sleep in my bed.
And the fourth night, this night, I decided to type this post early, early in the morning.

I feel kinda sleepy now. Good night. Or is it Good Morning?

1 comment:

  1. Since I've never been anywhere to cause jet lag, I can only imagine how strange it must be. :)
    But I'm glad to know you all made it safely back home after your trip. It sounded like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8