Sunday 5 July 2015

Camping - Day #1

(sigh of relief) Finally, I can start working on this post! I've been wanting to do this for days :P 

So...we went camping! (although you probably knew that from the title!) 

We went for four days, three nights. And it was so much fun! It was a great time as a family, and I've got to say, a lot of memories were made! :D

Thank you Mom and Dad for bringing us! I love you! :)

                                                           - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


It took around 3-4 hours to get everything into the car. We had a LOT of stuff. It adds up, I guess, when you have 9 people to pack for. You take sleeping bags, camp chairs, pillows, toothbrushes, shampoo and conditioner (although to be honest, the only people that ended up using shampoo and conditioner and soap was Dad, Mom, and Tiger Lily) food for three and a half days, tents, Maple and her stuff, flashlights, bikes, locks, rope, towels, swimsuits (and more) and then multiply most of that stuff by 9, then yeah, you do end up with a ton of stuff. :P


Dad had some last-minute stuff to do, so we ended up playing around for a bit while
we were waiting. As usual, Tiger Lily was the clown again :P

We stopped at Harvey's on the way for a lunch break. There was such a nice field there, with nice long grass, and I couldn't resist taking a few photos. Well, Snow White took most of them, I did a couple. :D


My cute little puppy!




After we reached the campsite, we unloaded and started setting up the tents. 



And then Dad made up a fire and we ate dinner. When we finished, we were all surprised to find out that it was only 7-ish, not 9 or 10 like we had thought.

So we got our helmets on, each and every one of us, including the little boys.

They were so excited! :D

Spiderman and Ironman had gone scouting out the campground on their bikes, and they found a beach only about 2 minutes away, if we rode on our bikes. So, that's where we all headed.

The sun was just starting to set, which meant of course, beautiful scenery!


I was hoping to get the sunset, but. . . the sun went behind the clouds and it persisted in staying behind that bank of clouds until the sunset ended :P But some of the pictures turned out pretty good, I think!  





I wasn't the only one taking pictures! :) Mom was snapping photos too....when she wasn't picking up pretty stones :D Sorry, Mom, I couldn't resist! 

Toblerone was throwing rocks, trying to be like his older brothers. The only problem was that he tried to throw it so hard that he sometimes threw it backwards, thus the reason why I'm covering my eyes!


And of course we had a campfire after we returned from the beach!

Ironman, Spiderman, and Dare Devil wanted to sleep in the small tent, so we girls, Mom, Toblerone, and Dad got the big tent all to ourselves! Mom says we're spoilt to sleep in such a big tent. She says that real camping means sleeping like sardines in a tent :P 

I brought my Samsung along, so we girls had a bit of fun with it! Tiger Lily and Snow White are just so natural at silly faces; I don't know how they do it! 



Toblerone decided to drape himself on me, really, he's so cute!


And Tiger Lily decided to practice taking selfies with Snow White. Kinda :P

3 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a TON of fun!! I just love camping. :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't camping great? :D What do you like best about it, Faith?

      Delete
    2. We have a camper but we did go tent camping once and I really enjoyed it! ;-)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8