Monday 16 January 2017

The Book Tag


Hellooooo!!! This is the post where I finally complete the tags which, coincidentally, both ended up being book ones. How fantastic is that? So, hold onto your seats as we go through these two very fun book tags! 

I was tagged for The Book Tag by both Olivia and Holly! You can check out their amazing blogs by clicking on their name :) 


The Questions 
1. What is your favorite genre of books?
Probably historical fiction, romance, and a little fantasy. 

2. Who is your favorite author and why?
Argh, no idea. Have way too many favorites! 

3. Are you more of a writer or a reader?
More of a reader! Definitely! :) 

4. Which book have you read the most?
Probably the Louisa May Alcott books, Eight Cousins, An Old Fashioned Girl, Little House on the Prairie, and The King's Daughter. (excluding the Bible, of course ;)) 

5. Is there a book that has made you cry?
Oh, definitely! Even short stories have made me cry. (*whispers* I think I cry too much...but that's not a bad thing, right?)

6. What book has made you kinda annoyed at the way they ended it?
Ummm.... so I know that there are books that have made me so annoyed, but I can't remember them o_O Let me think about it while I finish the rest of the tag. Later: Ok, so any story where it's pretty obvious the girl is supposed to get together with the boy, and then something happens and it doesn't come out, then I get sad. More sad than annoyed anyway. Oh yeah, and depressed. 

7. What book is one you can read over and over again?
There are a LOT. An Old Fashioned Girl, The King's Daughter, Camp X, and more recently, Ranger's Apprentice and The Blades of Acktar (I haven't read these last two over and over again...yet. But I just think I would ;))

8. Is there one book in which you couldn’t stop reading until you finished it?
Lately, pretty much any book I read that's under 2000 pages on an iPod. Also Ranger's Apprentice and The Blades of Acktar (you're gonna hear Blades of Acktar a lot, just saying) 

9. Do you have a favorite book?
Yes. And no. The correct way to state it would be I have favourite books.

10. And lastly, What kind of writing style do you like to read?
Probably historical fiction, some fantasy, and some romance. Those are my favourites, anyhoo. 


Thank you so much for tagging me, Olivia and Holly! I tag anyone who is a homeschooler ;) 



And now onto The Bookish Recap Tag. Thank you, Faith, for coming up with such a delightful tag! There is going to be a lot of looking through Goodreads history involved here. Prepare yourself. 



The Rules
 
-- Include the above button in your post. 
-- Answer the 11 questions. 
-- Use as many book covers as you like. (The correct answer to this question would be ALOT. B-)) 

-- Tag 5-10 people and notify them that they have been tagged. 

The Questions

// How many books did you read in 2016? (Exact if you know, or approximate if not.) 
Soooo....Goodreads says 163, but I know that I went over that. I just didn't log them in because of - well, life happening :) 

// Did you set a reading challenge for yourself and, if so, did you meet it?  
Yes, I did set a reading challenge! I went for 150 books, and I not only met it, I passed it! Woohoo! :D 

// What was your most read genre this year? Least read? 
The most read genre was probably romance-and-historical-fiction combined and the least read was ... sci-fi. Or nonfiction. 

// What's five of your favorite books from 2016? 
No!!!!!!! Faith! Whyyyyyyyy do you do this to meeeeeee?? xD I'm gonna cheat and let series count as one book ;) 
1. Triple Creek Ranch by Rebekah Morris
2. The Blades of Acktar by Tricia Mingerink
3. ALL-the-Melanie-Dickerson-books-that-I-read-this-year by well, duh, Melanie Dickerson 
4. The Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan 
5. Racing for Time by my very own, dear friend, Olivia Nickerson 💕

// What's five of your least favorite books from 2016? 
Oh, well this one is definitely easier ;) 
1. Dracula (too creepy)
2. Straight to You (topics that I probably didn't need to read about just yet. Maybe ever) 
3. The Forgotten Garden (the worst book I read this year, I believe. Just...no) 
4. The Chosen (made an interesting discussion, but it wasn't a favourite) 
5. A Series of Unfortunate Events (not a bad series at all, I just didn't LOVE it) 

// What new favorite author did you discover? (Not necessarily that the author is 'new', but that they became new to you this year.) 
Tricia Mingerinkkkkkkkkkk!!! I am having the hardest time trying not to use caps here.... This author is amazing and I am head over heels in love with The Blades of Acktar!!!!!!!

// What's five of your favorite book covers from the year? 

So pretty so pretty so pretty so pretty!!!!! There are a ton more covers that I love, but I think these are probably my top favourite. 






// How many books did you purchase for yourself in 2016? (Exact if you know, approximate if not.) 
Uh oh. The time of truth where Faith makes you look at all the money you spent on books *sighs* 
Well, I have 69 ebooks on my kindle (but then, I didn't really purchase all of them. Some of them were freebies...) ....and I know I got quite a few paperbacks .... maybe 80? Or 90...

// What's the longest book you read in 2016? 
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, at 648 pages. 

// What's the shortest book you read in 2016? 
The Case of the Perfect Maid by Agatha Christie, at 30 pages 

// What's your reading goal for 2017? 
My reading goal for 2017 is 100 books. Down by 50 from my last one, but I've got a feeling that, sad as it is, I'm not gonna have a ton of time to read this year :( If I can go over my goal though, I'm definitely going to do it! 

As was with the last tag, I tag anyone who is/was a homeschooler. Oh, and also has snow :D 

And that about wraps up this post! I will, Lord willing, be coming out soon with either a book review, Week in the Life, or a guest post. 

Have a great start to a new week, everyone! :D 

P.S. Excuse the format of this post....Blogger's acting up again . . . 

5 comments:

  1. Fun! Book Tag posts are always fun to read. At least I think so. ;) I've got one coming on the 31st. ;) That's a lot of books read last year, Blessing! *sighs over not having the time to read like I used to*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks for the tags! ;D Do you have snow?
    Oh no! xD Dracula is one of my favorite books, I plan on rereading it this year, too!
    I love romance. ♥ Congrats on over 160 books! That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of fun reading your answers to these tags, Blessing!! :D
    I haven’t read any books by Melanie Dickerson, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about them. I’m planning to read “The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest” sometime. :)
    Congratulations on reading so many books in 2016, and good luck on your 2017 goal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Blessing! I cry in books too :P It's not our fault that the writer wrote it in such a way that drives us to tears XD I LOVED the Triple Creek Ranch books!! I read them a while back but I still have them on my Kindle...might have to dig them out again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tags, Blessing!! :D Yes, Tricia Mingerink is fabulous! So glad you're getting to enjoy her too. Have you read Destroy? :D
    Hehe...oh my...I didn't even count kindle books!! That would put me well over 100 for books bought. XD

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8