Monday 11 April 2016

Inkling Explorations - Miss Lavender

Heidi has a monthly link up that she holds at her blog and I've finally decided to try it. It always looks so fun and this month's theme was too hard to resist! :)

This month's selection is: A description of a lady in literature 
(You can read more about the link-up here

I had originally planned to find a description of Anne from the Anne of Green Gables series. But there are so many descriptions of her, seems like! It was too hard trying to choose just one. And then I came across this absolutely lovely description of Miss Lavender Lewis. She is such a darling old lady and one of my favourite characters in the Anne series. This particular excerpt comes from Anne of Avonlea.

Miss Lavender's namesake! 
- - - - - - - - - - -

She was a little lady with snow white hair beautifully wavy and thick, and carefully arranged in becoming puffs and coils. Beneath it was an almost girlish face, pink cheeked and sweet lipped, with big soft brown eyes and dimples. . . actually dimples. She wore a very dainty gown of cream muslin with pale-hued roses on it. . . a gown which would have seemed ridiculously juvenile on most women of her age, but which suited Miss Lavender so perfectly that you never thought about it at all. 


Do you like Miss Lavender? Wouldn't she be a simply amazing person to meet? 

20 comments:

  1. How beautiful. I haven't read Anne of Avonlea in a long time. The quote you shared is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures you used Blessing! They are beautiful! :)

    I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the A Few of My Favorite Things Tag. If you'd like to participate here is the link: http://rebekahashleigh.blogspot.com/2016/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-things-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! Actually, the pictures are from Google...I forgot to put that under them. But then...you probably already knew that ;)

      Oh, thank you for tagging me! I will check it out as soon as possible :D

      Delete
  3. Ah, love it!! :D I haven't read Anne of Avonlea but I need to. ;) Beautiful pictures!!

    Tag, you're it! I tagged you for the Liebster Award! :) If you're interested, you can check it out here: http://fireflysstoryspace.blogspot.com/2016/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Faith for tagging me! :D I just checked it out on your blog, it looks super fun! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and by the way, you should totally read Anne of Avonlea!! It's soooo awesome and one of my favourite Anne of Green Gables books :)

      Delete
    3. I want to!! Actually, I want to read the whole series this year (I've only read book-1 but I have 1, 2, and 5.) So...hopefully!! :D

      Delete
  4. I am actually in the middle of reading Anne of Green Gables right now! Remind me to tell you about my middle name in a private email sometime...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh....now you've got me curious! :D Just sent you an email ;)

      Delete
    2. Got it and I'll send a reply when I can. (My email acts up. *sigh.)

      Delete
  5. I just re-read this a couple months ago, and oh, Miss Lavender is adorable! I would not only like to meet her, I'd like to turn out a bit like her when I'm older. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hamlette! Ah, that IS a good idea! Turning out to be like Miss Lavender would be delightful :D

      Delete
  6. That is such a beautiful description! The pictures you added made it even more beautiful! I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful choice, Blessing! It's such a beautiful description... (And yes, Anne would be incredibly hard to narrow down. ;))

    *smiles* I'm so very happy you decided to join in the link-up this month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so lovely! Anne of Avolea just brings you to such a happy place, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does! The book is one of my favourites from the series, actually. L.M.Montgomery comes up with the most dee-lightful descriptions; and characters! :D

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8